Monday, January 3, 2011

I'm Only Human Too....

I carry you deep in my heart
Not wanting to let go.
There is no final comfort
In decision for I know
That you may not remember this
Or me as I do you.
The years may take you ever farther
From my reach and view.
Although my heart does cherish you
My arms cannot embrace.
And offer you the solace
For the troubles that you face.
Now other tears may fall for you
And other voices sing.
Yet this I know that
You may never want for anything.
Not hearing distant echos
Of my weeping as we part.
The calling of your name
Or the thunder of my breaking heart.

2 comments:

MaeMae said...

I love this. I feel like you've crept into a little corner of my mind. (is that selfish of me) <3

Chy Vaughn said...

No it's not....I have finally accepted that deep rooted ability to touch peoples soul = ) My mentor Haatim says Im an "Uncommon" person....I love that title & it excites me that you love my poem.